Monday 13 August 2012

Reborn.

I reached a room. It was immaculately clean. There was a table set up here. It had something on it. It almost seemed like an altar. Whatever was on the table had almost a holy feeling. This was an item of intense importance. I approached it. It was a mask. I picked it up. The ill feeling returned worse than ever before. Now I knew how to fix it though. Now I knew what had felt so wrong before. I wasn't missing something. I had gained something. Something I had not had for a long time. Something I wasn't supposed to have.

I  lifted my machete and stabbed it into my forehead. I had done this before. It had been with a knife then but the principle was the same. I slowly began to move the machete through my flesh. The ill feeling slowly fading. I finished and pulled away my face laying it on the altar. Almost everything was ready. With a sound like the ripping apart of universes I experienced the satisfying feeling of fullness. I placed the mask on my face. It was mine. The first I had ever had. I slid it up and suddenly my eyesight sharpened. I could again see through their eyes. Two of the birds flew out and landed on my shoulders. They weren't the real birds. Just a facsimile created by Jack. The real ones would never of allowed this to take place. On the other side of the room was a stairwell leading to the roof. I ascended the stairs to the door. On the door was the message: "This is how it was always meant to end."

I'm heading out on to the roof now...

Wish me luck

1 comment:

  1. Well, shit Bird Brain. Don't you even know how to stay dead?

    ReplyDelete